22 Nov Thanksgiving Made Easy: The Secret Ingredient Cocktail Recipe
Thanksgiving Made Easy: The Secret Ingredient Cocktail Recipe
Welcome to Thanksgiving Week. If you’re like Martha Stewart and have Thanksgiving firmly in hand, and are looking for a sophisticated cocktail for the appetizer hour to really put the meal over the top, the rest of this blog is for you. You’ll find tons of ideas for drinks (with a range of difficulty from pretty easy to a bit complicated for one reason or another) that are designed to make your party impressive, if you have just a bit of extra time. Our fall drinks page in particular collects all of our recipes with autumnal flavors, perfect for Thanksgiving.
This week’s posts, though, are for the rest of us, who perhaps bit off a little bit more than we can chew. We still want to put a good drink into our guests hands, one that tastes good, looks good, and shows a little creativity. We just need to be able to do that with zero time or mental energy. So this week’s drinks take it to the simplest possible level, with just one easy to find liquor and things you always have around the house or were picking up for Thanksgiving anyway.
For today’s recipe, when you’re picking up some fresh sage for your dressing, throw another package of them into your basket, along with a lemon. With that, some vodka, and seltzer water you can make a truly delicious drink with little fuss.
The Secret Ingredient Cocktail Recipe
- 2 cups vodka
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 6-8 bunches of fresh sage
- a dash of salt
- 2 cups seltzer
- Muddle the sugar, lemon wedges, sage, and salt in the bottom of a pitcher.
- Add the vodka, and stir to mix in the sugar.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes, so that the sage flavor makes its way into the vodka.
- Add seltzer.
- Pour into ice-filled highball glasses. You can choose whether to strain or not. If you don’t, it’s easier and looks cool. If you do, people won’t have to drink around the lemon and sage.