24 May Summer Cocktail Recipe: Blueberry Basil Margarita #2
Summer Cocktail Recipe: Blueberry Basil Margarita #2
Flowers are blooming. Our little herb garden is growing. Fresh berries are starting to show up in the farmer’s market. Summer is here. We can think of no better way to celebrate than with a margarita featuring these signs of the season.
We found this great little recipe for a Blueberry Basil Margarita on Saloonbox thanks to Bartender Bible’s awesome feed, and doctored it a bit, adding St. Germain, because summer just didn’t seem to be complete without the flowers.
- 2 oz. silver tequila
- 0.5 oz St. Germain
- 0.5 oz agave nectar (a little less if you like things less sweet)
- 1 oz lime juice
- 12-15 blueberries (plus a few more for garnish)
- 2 sprigs of basil (plus one more for garnish)
- Muddle the blueberries, basil, lime juice, and agave in the bottom of a shaker.
- Add tequila, St. Germain, and ice, and shake for 15 seconds.
- Strain into a cocktail glass, and garnish with extra basil and berries.