24 Jun Mocktail Week: Honey Lavender Lemon Spritzer Mocktail Recipe
Mocktail Week: Honey Lavender Lemon Spritzer Mocktail Recipe
There are a lot of good reasons why someone at a party might not be drinking alcohol: they’re pregnant, or a recovering alcoholic, or are trying to slow down their consumption, or just don’t like the stuff or suddenly realize that it’s summer and are perpetually thirsty (any maybe using cocktails as hydration isn’t the best life choice). We want to put an adult beverage in their hand too, even if that adult beverage contains no alcohol. That’s put us on a quest for interesting mocktails. This week we’ll be sharing some of what we’ve discovered. Say you’re not one of those people who aren’t drinking. Maybe you have a friend who does; make it for their sake. And, for you, we’ll give a suggestion of a good spirit for spiking each day’s recipe.
We close out Mocktail Week with the all-American ode to summer. Summers were meant for swimming pools and cold drinks and when your small child self felt an entrepreneurial kick: a lemonade stand. How lemonade gained a monopoly on suburban sidewalk vending and a free pass past all vending licenses is beyond me, but what I do know is that all those young’uns could really sell this drink at a premium. We take everyone’s favorite, Lemonade, and bring it to a whole new level with equally delicious additions of honey and lavender. It’s a mocktail just begging to be served in a large glass pitcher, with round slices of floating lemon, next to vases and vases of fresh lavender. We didn’t have a pitcher or fresh lavender, so a glass and the dried variety will have to do.
Honey Lavender Lemon Spritzer Mocktail Recipe
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 oz lavender infused honey*
- 5-7 oz club soda
- lemon twist or lemon round for garnish
- *To make lavender infused honey, combine 1 cup of honey and 1/4 cup of dried lavender into a pot over medium heat. Bring to boil. Let boil for 30 secs. Remove from heat. Let cool. Strain honey with mesh strainer.
- Combine lemon juice and honey in a mixing glass. Shake vigorously until honey is dissolved.
- Pour into ice filled highball glass.
- Add club soda, 5-7oz depending on taste.
- 2 oz brandy