03 May Cinco de May Cocktail Recipe: St. Rita
Posted at 07:00h in Blog, Cocktail Recipes, Cocktail Recipes: Modern
Cinco de Mayo Cocktail Recipe: St. Rita
May 5th is just around the corner. We all know what that means. It’s time for residents of the USA to celebrate Mexican …. something or other, with a drink or three.
Everyone knows that there’s nothing people from the USA like more than 1) cultural appropriation, and 2) St. Germain.
That being the case, we have the perfect drink for you. You and all your friends will love it on Cinco de Mayo, and you’ll want to remember it on May 6th. It’s a great margarita variant, perfect for tequila and St. Germain lovers, year-round.
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz St. Germain
- .5 oz lime juice
- lime wedge (for garnish and salt rim)
- 1 tsp salt
- This drinks works well either on the rocks, or in a slightly stiffer form straight up. Use an old fashioned if serving on the rocks, and a cocktail glass if serving up.
- Run the lime wedge around the rim of your chosen glass.
- Pour salt onto a small plate, and run the rim through the salt until a salt rim is formed.
- Drop the lime wedge in the glass
- Combine tequila, St. Germain, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake vigorously for about 15 seconds.
- If serving on the rocks, fill the old fashioned glass with ice.
- Pour the tequila mix into the salt-rimmed glass.