12 May Old Fashioned Week: Ginger Apple Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe
Posted at 07:00h in Blog, Cocktail Recipes, Cocktail Recipes: R&J Original
Old Fashioned Week: Ginger Apple Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe
It’s Old Fashioned Week, and that means that we’re celebrating this classic drink, in both it’s original state and the many, many, many other delicious variants it can take. We think now of the Old Fashioned as a whiskey drink, but it actually most likely started as a brandy drink.
Today we take this now-thought-of-whiskey drink a little closer to its brandy roots by using this fabulous brandy out of the Baltimore Whiskey Company (BWC). BWC’s Ginger Apple liqueur is the unsmoked version of their apple brandy. It’s spicy and sweet, but still packs quite a punch. One day BWC will actually have their own whiskey, but until they do, old fashioneds with this stuff won’t be the worst thing, that’s for sure.
Ginger Apple Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe
- The Spirit: 2oz Baltimore Whiskey Company ginger apple liqueur (or an apple brandy)
- The Bitters: 2-3 dashes cardamom bitters
- The Sugar: 2 tsp simple syrup
- The Water: ice, and (optional) seltzer to taste
- Apple slice, for garnish (optional)
- Combine bitters and simple into the bottom of an old fashioned glass.
- Add ginger apple liqueur, stirring gently until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Fill glass with ice.
- (optional) Top with seltzer.
- (optional) Garnish with apple slice.