Into the Woods Cocktail Recipe
Thumbing through our old recipes, we ran across this one. We can’t remember who taught us this drink, and we couldn’t even remember what it tasted like. But we were intrigued enough to mix one up, and–while wishing that we’d taken better notes along the way–we can sure see why we jotted it down once upon a time.
This recipe shows an especially deft use of bitters. The blend of ginger and orange in the liqueurs gives this drink an attractively bright flavor (and color) that might be a little too much if it weren’t balanced out by the rich bittersweetness that a few drops of bitters brings.
- 1 oz rye
- 3/4 oz ginger liqueur
- 1/2 oz orange liqueur–preferably Aperol
- 1 dash walnut bitters
- orange twist, for garnish
- Stir liquid ingredients with ice until well-chilled. Aim for 30 rotations.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with orange twist.