Highball Week: the Paloma Cocktail Recipe
The Paloma is the Margarita’s highball cousin. With citrus, lime, and a little bit of salt, it’s the perfect refresher on a scorching hot day. While recipes usually call for Squirt or Fresca, we like to keep it on the lighter side with an Italian grapefruit soda, like San Pellegrino. It’s a little tricky rimming the glass with salt, since you build the drink in the glass, but we don’t want to go without; so we just add a pinch to the drink instead.
The Paloma Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz silver tequila (el Jimador is our favorite)
- .75 oz lime juice
- pinch of salt
- 4 oz Italian grapefruit soda
- grapefruit slice (for garnish)
- Add tequila, lime, and salt to a highball glass and stir to mix.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Top with grapefruit soda.
- Garnish with grapefruit.