Highball Week: Negroni Swizzle Cocktail Recipe
We’re suckers for a Negroni. We, as we’ve mentioned, love the way that it’s finely balanced proportions invite experimentation; but we also love it in its original form, with bitter Campari and sweet and sour vermouth playing off of one another. Imagine our delight when we discovered that Giuseppe Gonzalez, the well-known New York bartender, created a highball version of the original Negroni. If this doesn’t bring our courtship of the highball to the next level, I don’t know what could.
Negroni Swizzle Cocktail Recipe
- 1 oz gin
- 1 oz Campari
- 1 oz sweet vermouth
- 1 oz club soda
- 1 pinch sea salt
- orange slice (for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in a highball with crushed ice.
- Stir energetically until the glass starts to frost.
- Add more crushed ice so that ice reaches the level of the liquid.
- Garnish with orange, and drink with a straw.