18 May Highball Week: Anejo Highball Cocktail Recipe
Posted at 07:00h in Blog, Cocktail Recipes, Cocktail Recipes: Modern
Highball Week: Anejo Highball Cocktail Recipe
If you’re reading this blog, whether you know it or not you have Dale DeGroff to thank. Not so long ago, ‘hard liquor’ is what you used to get drunk as quickly as possible, and a 7 and 7 was about what you could expect out of a cocktail. Then DeGroff came along and revived the craft of making good drinks, with quality ingredients, and a connection to history, and attention to detail. He’s the hero of the modern mixologist. Today, we feature one of his own recipes. When you drink it, lift your glass in a toast to Dale DeGroff and the cocktail renaissance he initiated.
Anejo Highball Cocktail Recipe
- 1.5 oz aged rum
- .5 oz orange curacao
- .25 oz lime juice
- 2 dashes aromatic (Angostura) bitters
- 2 oz ginger beer (we used Thunder Beast again)
- orange wheel and lime wheel (for garnish)
- Combine rum, curacao, lime juice, and bitters in an ice-filled glass and stir.
- Top with ginger beer, and garnish with orange and lime.