Girlfriend Drink: Your Monday Night Bookclub
Bookclubs are fabulous in their own right; they involve friends and dinner and thought-provoking conversation; all ingredients for an evening well-spent. And while endless Cougar-Town-sized glasses of red wine are often the drink-image associated with such gatherings, for our last bookclub I wanted to spruce things up. And, when we’re hosting we always feel like we must live up to our name and serve a cocktail.
Inspired by My Mom’s St. Germain Cocktail, we created this ginger, wine-based cocktail. It’s perfect for the occasion; sweet and refreshing but light enough that you can drink several glasses of it and still fully (and productively) participate in the conversation.
Your Monday Night Bookclub
- 1.5 cups Canton Ginger liqueur
- 1.5 cups white wine
- 1.5 cups cocchi americano (alternatively, you can just use 3 cups of white wine)
- 1-2 cups seltzer (depending on taste)
- 8oz crystallized or candied ginger
- 1 small packet mint
- Add a small handful of crystallized ginger and half of the mint to glass pitcher
- Pour in canton ginger, cocchi americano, and white wine
- Stir until combined
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours
- When ready to serve, top with seltzer and pour into ice-filled old fashioned glasses
- Garnish with sprig of mint and piece of ginger