02 Nov Election Drinks: Swing State Cocktail Recipe
Swing State Cocktail Recipe
We’re now counting down the days to the election, and, regardless of your stance on it, you’re probably more than ready to get the thing over with already. And you’re probably going to need a drink or five to get through it. We’re here for you, with our five drink election night menu.
Today’s drink is a toast to the states that are doing the heavy lifting in next week’s election. Most of the 50 states have decided who they want as president, but it’s up to eleven or so swing states to determine who we’ll actually get. We’re counting on you!
Election Drinks: Swing State Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz rye whiskey–make it a good, old Pennsylvania rye, from Wigle Whiskey
- 4 tsp cherry cordial–the cherries could very well be from Michigan
- 2 tsp maple syrup–from New Hampshire, of course
- 2 dashes bourbon barrel cherry bitters
- 2 oz seltzer–make it La Croix, from Wisconsin
- Luxardo cherry, for garnish
- Shake all but the seltzer vigorously for as long as you can handle.
- Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.
- Top with seltzer.
- Garnish with cherry.