What We’ve Been Drinking: Drops of Jupiter
Over the years we’ve developed some cocktail crushes, all the tweeny feelings of smittenness both for certain cocktails and for their makers. Our latest crush started when we noticed that so many of our social media friends were all posting and talking about this clever company. Hey, no, we like them more!
Tea crafted for cocktails? Yes please. I mean, really, we wouldn’t turn down anything that was specifically crafted for a cocktail: chocolate, herbs, ice. You could probably tell us that there was air crafted for cocktails, and we’d look into buying some.
But back to tea and Owl’s Brew. Everyone seemed to be using it and we didn’t want to miss out. We got our hands on some only to learn that we clearly have been missing out, as this stuff is great. The Pink and Black is a brew of darjeeling tea with hibiscus, lemon peel, strawberry, and agave. It’s sweet, light, and complex. We envision many more creations (and purchases) to come. Seriously so many good options.
Drops of Jupiter
- 3 oz gin (we used Bombay, but something even cheaper like Gordon’s would work as well. The good stuff isn’t necessary here)
- 2 teaspoons Owls Brew Pink & Black
- 1.5 oz lemon juice
- .5 teaspoon pink peppercorns (yes, pink, and, yes, it matters. order here)
- Muddle the Owl’s Brew, lemon juice, and peppercorns in the bottom of a mixing glass until the peppercorns are broken apart.
- Add gin and ice and shake for 15 or 20 seconds.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Watch the floating pink specks of pepper as you sip this sweet and tangy creation.